If you are interested in any of these positions, please email a resume, link to an online demo reel and a reel breakdown list to: email@example.com.
At HALON, we take pride in our artists! All artists are W-2 employees with eligibility for subsidized medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as participation in our 401k plan. We actively support a consistent 10 hour work day with paid overtime, 5 paid holidays per year and accrued sick and vacation time!
Animation / Mobu Artists
HALON is looking for Animation Artists (Maya/3DStudio Max/Motionbuilder) to join their AAA title Video Game Cinematics and Trailers team in Santa Monica CA.
- Scene assembly, performance editing, and clip blending using Story Tool
- Create Animation as required, working with Mo-Cap data and/or Keyframed animations
- Execute high quality facial/lip-sync animations
- Create, document and communicate guidelines, directives, and procedures
- Accountable for animation team deliveries, ensuring defined objectives and schedule requirements are met and satisfied
Game Engine Artists (Unreal, Unity, CryEngine)
HALON is looking for Game Engine (UE, CryEngine, Unity) artists to join their AAA title Video Game Cinematics and Trailers team in Santa Monica CA.
- Develop and maintain a full render pipeline
- In-engine cinematic animation and scene assembly
- In-engine problem solving and troubleshooting
- Efficient with in-engine effects (particles, explosions, fire, etc)
- General In-engine clean-up
- 4+ years of experience or an extraordinary demo reel
- Experienced user in 3DStudio Max and/or Maya to Unreal Engine, CryEngine, or Unity imports (character/camera animation)
- Familiar with Cloud based render solutions, render passes, render prep and wrangling
- Willingness to accept direction, works well under pressure on multiple tasks, and flexible to changes
- Must be efficient, reliable, self-motivated and passionate about your work, requiring minimal supervision
- Strong organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Strong storytelling skills with the ability to work on the fly in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of game pipelines including Maya, Mobu, P4, Unreal, CryEngine or the equivalent base technology
- Knowledge of production management software such as Shotgun or equivalent
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the job area offered
- Comfortable working in small group environments to accomplish larger tasks
- Self-driven, capable of working well under deadlines
Pre-vis / Post-vis Artists
HALON is looking for talented and enthusiastic Previs and Postvis artists for exciting high profile projects. If you are interested in joining the team, we are looking for applicants that have thorough knowledge of Film Making, Maya, Motion Builder and storytelling. We hire a wide range of CG Generalists.
- Strong storytelling skills with the ability to work on the fly in a fast paced environment.
- Strong Camera and Character Animation or Motion Capture editing skills.
- 3D asset creation including modeling, texturing, rigging and Photogrammetric Modeling.
- Experience in Maya, After Effects and Photoshop a must. MotionBuilder a big plus.
- Python and MEL is a plus.
- Knowledge of practical cameras, rigs and on-set production is a plus.
- Knowledge of virtual production pipelines is a plus.
- Generalist in Maya (modeling, animation, lighting, rendering)
- After Effects experience a must. (Composite, Roto, 2d tracking) (Nuke a plus)
- 3d Tracking using Syntheyes, (PFTrack or Boujou a plus.)
- Stereo compositing experience is a big plus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Willingness to accept direction, work well under pressure, on multiple tasks, being flexible and open to changes.
- Must be efficient, reliable, self motivated and passionate about your work, requiring minimal supervision.
HALON offers internships to qualified college and graduate level students who are interested in gaining hands on experience in the Previs field. If you’d like to get your foot in the door with some real-world experience in Previs and Postvis, please inquire about internship opportunities. Interns must be enrolled in an accredited program that will provide course credit for the internship period.